On 26th May, NFDC London & Southern Counties Chairman, Duncan Rudall, represented the National Federation of Demolition Contractors at the HS2 launch event at 1 Eversholt Street for the Demolition Handbook. The Handbook is the result of collaboration between HS2 and the NFDC accredited demolition contractors carrying out enabling works for the major programme.
Described by HS2 as “the legacy that the enabling works contractors and supply chain will leave for the industry and that we hope will be championed and further developed by major programmes in the future”, the handbook contains case studies, best practice and lessons learnt.
NFDC, IDE, and NFDC Members Armac, City Demolition, Clifford Devlin, Coleman, DSM, Erith, Gilpin, Keltbray, McGee and Total Reclaims Demolition all contributed to the production of the handbook.
NFDC, as members of the HS2 Working Group Charter have:
- Ensured our people have completed every shift safely, in good health and wellbeing.
- Moved demolition up in the hierarchy of hazard control, eliminating risk not just controlling it.
- Shared our learning and best practice through the HS2 demolition community and wider industry to improve our collective performance.
- Enhanced our working environment and protected our environment and community around us.
- Utilised technology for smart delivery of demolition.
- Left a positive legacy for the benefit of the demolition industry.
Originally published May 31, 2022 9:21:00 AM, updated July 22 2022.