All of us at the National Federation of Demolition Contractors extend deepest condolences to the Royal Family on the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. A remarkable woman who dedicated her life to serving her country, with great strength, stoicism and a twinkle in her eye. Rest in peace Ma’am.
Build UK & BEIS have provided the following initial information for businesses which you may find useful:
The Royal Household will be the primary source of information on mourning arrangements, and they will announce details on www.gov.uk.
The Government is currently working with the Royal Household on how to commemorate the life of Her Majesty, and further guidance is expected in the coming days.
Businesses across the UK should continue to operate normally but there are some considerations you may wish to make, including:
- Providing an opportunity for staff to offer their condolences, by either providing your own book of condolence or directing them to the online book of condolence on the www.royal.uk
- Identifying arrangements made by Local Authorities to lay floral or memorial tributes
- Signposting staff on how to donate to one of The Queen’s patronages, with information available on the www.royal.uk
- Identifying whether your business or site location is likely to be impacted by arrangements made by Local Authorities, or events planned in central London, and planning your response
- Reviewing any changes you wish to make to your website and social media activities
- Where you have flags, lowering them to half mast.
The best source of information is www.gov.uk. Your Local Authority will also be updating their own websites on local arrangements, including any events they may organise which might impact on the locality of your business or local travel.
Originally published Sep 09, 2022 8:26:03 AM, updated September 9 2022.