NFDC launched a quick poll on Friday 3rd April in an attempt to uncover the impact of COVID-19 on UK demolition operations so far. 29% of the NFDC Corporate Membership has responded, which is an excellent start – but we do need more Corporate Members to please complete this 2 minute online survey as quickly as possible.
Thank you very much to those who have let us know the current status of their sites. To receive responses from almost 30% of the membership during such a difficult period for us all is much appreciated and your inputs are important. We will be feeding this information back to other key industry bodies which will help to keep the voice of demolition heard.
The summary results so far are shown below. These results shown are based on the 42 responses received from NFDC Corporate Members as of lunchtime today, Monday 6th April*.
- 12% OF MEMBERS SAY SITES ARE OPEN
- 52% OF MEMBERS SAY SITES ARE CLOSED
- 36% OF MEMBERS SAY SOME SITES OPEN, SOME SITES CLOSED
- “Our site status is totally mixed as some Main Contractors have chosen to shut some sites and not others.”
- “We have a mixture of operational and non operational sites, where the client has dictated their site is shut down we have stood down whereby when the choice remains with us we have continued ensuring we follow the PHE guidelines.”
- “Some sites are open, where it is possible to distance.”
- “95% of our sites are closed.”
- “We are being requested to get back to sites.”
- “We only have 2 sites currently open, with skeleton staff. All others been closed.”
- “Approximately 25% of our sites are open, non essential sites or sites our client has closed are now on hold whilst essential works or sites which our clients have not closed remain open.”
NFDC will update the statistics on THURSDAY to include new responses from Members.
*PLEASE NOTE: Understandably this is a moving target as some sites which were closed have now been re-opened, and other Members are electing to close sites down on a daily basis. The statistics can therefore only be viewed as a rough snapshot of the impact of COVID-19 to the NFDC Membership and may become outdated very quickly.