As always, but especially in light of recent industry incidents affecting NFDC members, Safety and Best Practice is high on NFDC’s agenda.
NFDC President, Holly Price, attended the Temporary Works Forum yesterday, 21st October, at One Great George Street, London, to participate in expert seminars on a range of key topics, including;
- The Need for Education in Temporary Works
- Process – the design, checking, installation, use, standards, research and responsibility of Temporary Works
- Reporting and Learning
- Scaffolding – what good might look like
- The growth and development of below-ground proprietary propping systems
- The Temporary Works Coordinator – Administrative or Technical?
The event marked the 10 year anniversary of the Temporary Works Forum (TWf) – a not-for-profit membership organisation which exists to promote best practice in the construction industry. NFDC will work with the President to disseminate learnings from these seminars to the NFDC membership as soon as possible.