NFDC joins a growing number of ‘Safety Companies’ supporting the UK Power Networks ‘Be Bright Stay Safe’ Campaign, by signing the Safety Pledge and showing commitment to Safety.
UK Power Networks has launched a Be Bright Stay Safe campaign which calls on associations, businesses and individuals to follow safety advice, in a bid to reduce the number of electrical network incidents that take place on their network each year.
Be Bright Stay Safe seeks to:
- Raise awareness of the risks of the distribution network,
- Increase understanding of how to work safer around the network,
- Motivate people who work around or may come into contact with the distribution network to adopt safe behaviours,
- Promote partnership working to share, encourage and promote positive safety conversations – a call to action,
- Reduce the number of incidents associated with the electricity network,
- Support and endorse ‘Everyone has the right to go home safe after a day’s work’.
The campaign aims to support safe working, promote safe behaviours and encourage the sharing of information and knowledge and highlight the real risks of coming into contact with electricity.
- See list of Safety Companies making the pledge
- UK Power Networks Excavation Safety Animation
- Download Resources – Safety Films and Leaflets